MEAN Stack – Custom tags with AngularJS directives – Day 24
The MEAN Challenge Continues!
This video is part of the 30 Day MEAN Stack Honolulu Challenge
In this video we’ll create our own custom AngularJS directive. We’ll look at pulling out our list of customers and putting it into its own template, we’ll then glue the view and list back together using a directive.
We look at:
– An introduction to directives
– Locating Angular directives within our code
– Different types of directives
– The AngularJS documentation on directives
– Referring to directives using camel-case
– Creating our own custom elements/tags
– Moving our reusable code into a template
– Gluing our custom elements and template together using a directive
– Cleaning up our customer routes
The functional design post mentioned in this video with the use case, storyboard and wireframes can be found here: Home Page Design.