MEAN Stack – Side by Side with Version 0.4.0
In this video we’ll compare the current version of MEAN.js and the upcoming version of the MEAN Stack to get an overview of the new folder structure as part of a sneak peak into version 0.4.0!
I’ve created a sample project for MEAN.js 0.4.0 using the code from the 30 Day MEAN Stack Honolulu challenge and will be posting some videos to take you through the upgrade process shortly (once the 0.4.0 generator is stable).
If you’re super keen to check out the code from the challenge in the 0.4.0 structure, you can find the updated MEANjs 0.4.0 sample here (this is a paid download).
Below are some additional screenshots to summarise the overview video:
- We have a few additional core files, including the ability to use gulp!
- The public folder has been split, with modules venturing out into their very own folder.
- The App folder has disappeared, with its contents neatly distributed to the relevant modules.
- The Config folder has been split, with a focus on granularity.
- The passport strategies have been neatly tucked into the users module with the rest of the authentication and authorisation related code.